In the year 2012 Steve and Margo Kol, purchased the business and did many changes to the previous building, including ending the elevator feed business. They doubled the size of the hardware, introducing a Milwaukee Tool line and a Michigan-owned paint line. However before this beautiful store looked the way it does now, it has been through a lot!
Coopersville Farmers Co-op
In 1903 and 1907 two businesses, a feed mill and a flour mill, opened in our present location, on the corner of Main St. and Eastmanville St. Then in 1919 both businesses were purchased and it became the Coopersville Farmers Co-op. Following many years of growth and success by selling feed, seed, fuel, and running a tire service, the Co-op added a hardware selection after the local hardware closed its doors in the 1970s. However, due to the double digit interest rates in the 1980s, the Co-op was forced to close their doors after not being able to pay the bank.
1898 Coopersville fire
In August of 1898, a fire started in downtown Coopersville that destroy half of the town. This photo is taken where the hardware sits at present day! The city of coopersville worked together to get everything built back up again as soon as possible. However the fire was devastating and left many people in very unfortunate circumstances.